Reseller Marketing Guidelines
As a reseller of our LightCMS system, you are invited to market and promote the CMS as your own product through your own website and through any other materials you care to produce. However, there are some guidelines we need you to adhere to when marketing the CMS in order to ensure the integrity of the system. So, we've compiled the following marketing guidelines to help you understand what you can and can't do with regards to marketing.
Things you CAN do:
- You can utilize content that we make available for you. Any available marketing resources will be listed on our support site and clearly identified as resources for resellers to use.
- You can use the concepts of our product sites as guides for your own site. In other words, you can shape your own site around how ours are shaped if you wish.
Things you CAN'T do:
- You can't copy our text word for word. This is bad for all of us as search engines will punish us all for the duplicate content.
- You can't use our product site templates or site imagery. Naturally, you can use our included website templates as they are freely available to anyone, but the imagery and templates we create that are unique to our own product sites (i.e. not a part of a freely available design template) should not be used. A quick test to figure out if something is usable is to ask yourself if we have made it available for download. All of our included design templates can be downloaded through our system but our product website templates cannot.
- You can't use the names of our products such as LightCMS, Radium3, Design Xpress, Custom Xpress, HTML Xpress ... etc. You can create similar products to these but you need to come up with your own names.
- You can't reference any direct client of Oracle America as a case study or design example for your own work. Only work that you have done or work that we have done on your behalf should be used in promoting your own product.
Should you have any questions about whether your marketing implementation adheres to these guidelines, please contact us at email@example.com.
Posted on Wed, May 25, 2011